Posts Tagged censorship
From a recent article at guardian.co.uk by Alison Flood:
From Suzanne Collins’s post-apocalyptic hit The Hunger Games to Stephenie Meyer’s vampire bestseller Twilight, American parents have been making it their mission to complain about some of the most popular books published in recent years.
So…how many of these have you read?
1. “And Tango Makes Three” by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson
2. “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian” by Sherman Alexie
3. “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley
4. “Crank” by Ellen Hopkins
5. “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins
6. “Lush” by Natasha Friend
7. “What My Mother Doesn’t Know” by Sonya Sones
8. “Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By In America” by Barbara Ehrenreich
9. “Revolutionary Voices” edited by Amy Sonnie
10. “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer
For more information on book challenges and censorship, please visit the Office for Intellectual Freedom’s Banned Books Week Web site at www.ala.org/bbooks.