These Edublog Award nominations go out to all the amazing PLN peeps who have helped, inspired and motivated me this year:
- Best individual blog: Occasionally Humorous Thoughts and Ramblings from a K-12 Superintendent. http://www.principalspage.com/theblog/
- Best individual tweeter: He knows what we all need to know! @Darcy1968 twitter.com/Darcy1968
- Best group blog: Johanna Featherstone shares poetry news and stories from The Red Room Company http://redroomcompany.org/wordpress/
- Best new blog: Sarah is collecting and blogging some great resources for using web2.0 in teaching http://skorlaki1983.edublogs.org/
- Most influential series of tweets: best micro fiction ’12 Word Stories’ published via Twitter by @12words twitter.com/12words
- Best teacher blog: Occassional partner in crime, the one-man PLN, Darcy Moore http://darcymoore.net/
- Best librarian / library blog: Judy O’Connell – a wealth of resources and insight for my librarian and I http://heyjude.wordpress.com/
- Best educational tech support blog: Moodler and nice guy Tomaz Lasic http://human.edublogs.org/
- Best educational use of video / visual: Multimodal episodes about Alice http://www.inanimatealice.com/
- Best educational wiki: Sue Water’s PLN wiki http://suewaters.wikispaces.com/
- Best educational use of a social networking service: The Educator’s PLN Ning http://edupln.ning.com/
- Best educational use of a virtual world: Virtual Macbeth (Second Life) by Angela Thomas http://virtualmacbeth.wikispaces.com/
- Lifetime achievement: Mark Pesce http://markpesce.com/ who I have never seen talk irl, but who is a visionary, and always makes me desperate to be way smarter than I am 😉
…plus so many other connections and friends who’ve helped me to sustain my energy this year, in particular via Twitter. Special mentions go to my Boss @jmun31 who has heartily embraced the 2.0 world, and to @MaralynParker who generously replies to many of our education tweets, and keeps debate flowing.
Happy blogging and PLN-ing into the New Year 🙂
#1 by BiancaH on December 1, 2009 - 8:54 pm
Great choices Kelli. Love the positive vibes of voting for favs. I’m going to be checking all of these out based on your recommendations – thanks!
#2 by darcymoore on December 2, 2009 - 6:01 am
Kelli, I appreciate your generosity – thankyou!
#3 by Sue Waters on December 2, 2009 - 10:55 pm
Hi Kelli, thanks for the nomination – really appreciate it. I also look after the Edublog Awards nominations and just needed to check that you have done the second step.
Which is to submit a link to your post via the contact form here – http://edublogawards.com/
Only asking because I haven’t seen an email from you come into the email account.
#4 by Tomaz Lasic on December 3, 2009 - 12:42 am
Nice guy hey… Hmm, should have seen (well, heard) me yelling from goals at my teammates tonight in the pool 😉
Thanks Kelli. I have just tweeted that these Eddies nominations aren’t some soppy goodwill, they embody what is best about human networks.
I sincerely hope we bump into each other one day soon, I got a feeling we won’t shut up from sharing stuff and having a laugh and a war story or two to share.
Cheers & thanks again, much appreciated.
#5 by Sarah K on December 9, 2009 - 12:40 am
Thank you very much, not sure how I stumbled on this blog this time, but am very flattered you would nominate me 🙂
Am finding more time now it’s holidays to read more people’s blogs and I am loving all the people I can connect with. Keep up the great work.