Darcy Moore tagged me for this meme. So, 7 things you don’t need to know about me are…
- My great, great, great, great, great grandfather on my mother’s side was Thomas Rose, and his family came to Australia on the Bellona in 1792 in a small group of the first free and independent settlers in Australia. Ever visit ‘Old Sydney Town’ on a school excursion? You would have taken a tour of Rose Cottage, where my ancestors lived.
- My husband and I got together on my 13th birthday, so turning 28 last month meant that we have now been together for 15 years already. He is the love of my life! We were born only 10 days apart (both stubborn/ambitious/travel-loving Sagittarius‘), went to the same school, and moved out together when we were 19 because we didn’t like spending so much time apart at Uni 🙂
- I grew up in a 3-bedroom fibro house in Cabramatta West, which we didn’t move out of until I was 17. We would often go back and visit it after we left – then one day I was driving with a friend and took her to see the house. It had been demolished days before, and there was just a bare patch of land left with a few bits of rubble. I cried…and cried…
- I was Dux of my Primary School, and Captain of my High School. I am finishing my PhD now, and it has made me swear off that particular brand of over-achieving forever.
- I was in high school during the grunge years, so bands ranking highly on my list of favourites are Nirvana, Green Day and Pearl Jam. I remember when Kurt died, and how important it was to so many of us.
- The first time I went overseas I was 20. It was to Scotland to visit family, and it was also the first time I saw snow. I played in it every day and never once got sick of it.
- I watch Neighbours. Religiously.
I am passing this meme to:
…and to my Drama class blog. They will have fun doing this when school goes back 🙂
#1 by Elaine Talbert on January 6, 2009 - 3:16 pm
Very interesting read. All interesting.
I am a Sagittarian too. Don’t know about stubborn:).
I have had the experience also of having my childhood home at Bankstown demolished. Wish we had taken all that fabulous leadlight, timber etc.
I like one Green Day song. The famous one.
I had been tagged already by Tony Searl.
Read mine at:
BTW, How’s the thesis going? All the best. Elaine
#2 by Mel on February 8, 2009 - 9:28 pm
How cool is that? I didn’t know all this stuff about you! Isn’t it funny how it is labeled ‘7 things you don’t need to know about me’ but clearly they are seven very interesting things to someone else? We are such voyeurs! Hence the Neighbours addiction, hey? Lol!
#3 by kellimcgraw on February 8, 2009 - 11:57 pm
I know – I love reading these, especially when people have taken the time to write something un-generic!
I must admit, I have been behind this week, and still have 3 episodes of Neighbours to catch up on. I am a bad fan!
#4 by kellimcgraw on February 11, 2009 - 9:59 pm
heh hehe…hi Mel!
not mystery-Mel anymore 😉
#5 by scott on February 28, 2009 - 10:48 am
yes, sorry about this, never got to that over the steaming piles of baby poo in my lounge room … oh and the draft of the phd conclusion …
#6 by kellimcgraw on March 6, 2009 - 11:43 am
Scott, I think those two things are enough to know about you right now – PhD and PoO, really paints a picture 😉